Monday, February 9, 2009

The static in this place is ridiculous. It's like I've traded my frizzy hair for static hair and now I look more like Albert Einstein than Bette Middler. Ah well.

The past few days have been grrrreat! There was a big pot luck at one of the houses with yummy food and then I went to someone's house and watched This Is Spinal Tap ("Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported" - haha, classic). We all have basements but the pot luck house had a mini room inside their basement. They call it the Chamber of Doom and we're all pretty sure someone was tortured down there. Speaking of torture! My housemates decided to check out the attic (I have no idea why) and they found a pile of clothes with blood on them. Freakin blood! I'm guessing whoever did the torturing in the Chamber of Doom moved the clothes to our attic.

I'm trying to think of all the cool things I can write in here, but honestly it's been so amazing I can't explain it all. A group of us took a walk the other day along the bay and played frisbee. It's just fun small things like that which have been great! Everyone's pretty funny and very nice. I've only encountered a few people who annoy me. I feel like I've bonded the most (aside from Rebecca, who rules) with Eileen. We both sort of feel like the "older" women in the house who are the least sheltered. We're both pretty liberal and have gone through the "college experience" and all that. But really, everyone in the house gets a long well...for the most part. Even the 1 bathroom situation hasn't been a problem.

Today was the first day of PT (physical training - I was in the van ready to go at 5:40 am!). Luckily, it wasn't nearly as intense as I thought it was going to be. I think the push ups were the hardest part. I can do girl ones just fine, but we were in a gym and my knees on the hard floor started to hurt after a while. And the cuffs of my pants kept hooking on my shoes and pulling down my pants. I was terrified that I was gonna accidentally moon someone during jumping jacks!

I'm adjusting to the cold...slowly. Yesterday a bunch of people played Everybody's It tag, but I couldn't stay out there. Half of them were in shorts and flip flops and I was like "BWAAA get me outta here!". They actually think 50 degrees is WARM. What planet are these kids from? I can't wait till we're on the gulf and it's 90 degrees and they're like "it's soooooooo hot, my brains are melting!" and I'm like "yeah, what!" heh. Actually, everyone's been pretty understanding about why I'm so cold all the time, so I suppose when we're in ACTUAL warm weather, I'll cut them some slack ;)

I will definitely be posting pics on facebook soon, maybe today (I've had a few requests....SANA). I miss you guys a lot and think of you often (especially the ladies...when I'm in the shower ;) haha.

One more thing. There's a bomb testing facility right near us! Throughout the day we hear sirens going off and bombs being fired. It's crazzzzy!

4 comments:

  1. Weeeeeeeehoooooo! I got a shout out!!!

    Have you tried leave in conditioner? Anything that weighs your hair down will help, even a drop of regular body lotion.

    I'm sure the reason PT didn't seem too bad was b/c you'd been biking like a madwoman down here. I'm going to start calling you John Basedow bc pretty soon you'll be ripped and chiseled like him. :D Mmmmhmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you're near Aberdeen Proving Grounds, I know where that is!! I used to live very close to there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I found this blog! Hope the cold doesn't get to you! Stay warm Tana!

    ReplyDelete